Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Obedience vs. Sacrifice

It's been a few days/weeks past since the Lord has given me this burden -- for someone specifically. A sister in faith whom I have really not known personally. Both of us may have shared a little bit of something about ourselves, but not enough to fully know each other as a person. A new believer in Christ, someone who seeks more to know Him. However, there are still a lot of things/areas in her life which aren't yet surrendered fully to the Lord (And yes, I am made aware of this fact).

Serving the Lord and at the same time living in sin, is not an equal equation. I myself am a testimony to this in the past. Fornication and ministry does not go together, neither do they work effectively hand in hand. Darkness and Light cannot be mixed together, neither can worldliness and godliness. One may say, "Surely, my boyfriend and I share the same room, but we're not having sex though." Who do you think you're fooling? You're fooling no one but yourself. Especially if your boyfriend is an unbeliever? The son of the devil and the daughter of God, wow, what a combination eh? Surely, I am not in the right position to judge or tell whatever is happening inside your room when both of you are all alone, but remember this, the Lord God that you serve sees everything in the secret. You may defend yourself by saying "I am praying for the salvation of my boyfriend," really.. is that so? You think that justifies your wrongful idea of cohabitation? You may be praying everyday that your boyfriend will finally ask you to marry him in order for the both of you to "live right" in the Lord's sight. Question is, when would that ever happen? Which among the both of you will finally have the guts to "make it right" huh? So, for the mean time you'll just continue "serving the Lord" while waiting for an answer probably? Meanwhile, you project this outward godly image to others as you continue to bombard yourself with activities and plans for different ministries set for yourself and worse - for others as well. What will you ever tell anyone who might ask you these questions? Oh wait, will you pull the "God is just and merciful to forgive all our sins" card? That statement in itself is indeed unadulterated, but if used for wrong personal intentions to cover up hidden sins is surely deadly. Or you might answer me back by saying "You think all of this is easy for me?" and I'll tell you "You made all these things complicated for yourself." The options are offered before you, CONTINUE LIVING IN SIN WHILE SERVING THE LORD or OBEY THE LORD FIRST, MAKE YOUR HEART RIGHT BEFORE HIM AND THEN SERVE. Now you make the decision.

"Obedience is better than sacrifice..." Ministry or any kind of offering is nothing before the Lord's sight if your heart is not right...

By the way, of all the things that you have done (what you call offerings or ministries) so far, I have not been blessed, rather my heart is greatly grieved.. You might ask me, why the hostility? I'll tell you, it's not "hostility," rather the disgust and hate of sin. Believe me I tried my best to express all these things in love, though it may sound otherwise. I am not speaking as if I've been so holy myself, but I too am being changed from glory to glory. Nevertheless, may the Lord convict your spirit as he continually deals with you personally, and there will come a time (the Lord's time) that these words will finally be spoken boldly but with love directly to you...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think,they both have many difference.But we obedient with heart and sacrifices we have to do.
Business Logo Design

Unknown said...

good